Thursday, October 10, 2013

I Don't Even Have a Good Excuse

I disappeared. I did. And I had just promised that I wouldn't. Gosh darn it.

Sorry folks. I really don't have a good excuse as to where I went or why I took a break... except, I will say this... I put a lot of pressure on myself with this little blog to have something to write about each and everyday that is new and different. And while coming up with ideas is not terribly hard for me, finding the time to create a post that is thoughtful, engaging, fun and pretty is another story. There have been many times where I've wanted to drop back in and just say 'hello' here, but stopped myself because I didn't have a weeks worth of posts lined up to keep the communication going. The truth is, my favorite blogs are the ones that do have a new post each and everyday. I feel like when I read what they have to say, I'm hearing from a friend. I strive to create that experience for readers here, too, but I've also realized that most of the blogs I read are created by guys and gals who work full-time for their blog. Well, I already have a full-time job, so in truth, as much as I want to keep up posting on a daily basis, I've come to the conclusion that it is ok to keep up as much as I can. I'm taking the pressure off and going back to the reason why I started this little blog, which was to give my two-cents on style, document moments of my life and basically just share what was on my mind.

And in case you are interested in a few of the things I've been up to lately, here they are in a nutshell.



Clockwise from top left:
  1. I bought a house! Here she is! It was a pretty quick process. I had put an offer on one house before this one and was heartbroken when I thought I had lost the one, but in hindsight, I'm so, so, so glad this is the house I ended up with. And yes, you guessed it... there are lots of posts in the future about house details. I'm mid-reno right now, so I've got a few things to update you on already!
  2. Took my annual to NYC. Gosh I love that place. It makes me feel all sorts of happy and alive.
  3. Ohhhh Canada. I've taken a position with my company that has me traveling to the land up north... a lot. I love my company, but have to say this position has offered its fair share of challenges. Live and learn... and I'm learning a lot. International travel {even if it's just to our neighboring nation} is tough. Bottom line. End of story.
  4. And, lastly, I've just been happy taking a step back and enjoying a calmer life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment